Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly been offered a £250 million megadeal to finish his career in Saudi Arabia.
With the Portuguese star’s Manchester United future uncertain, an unnamed Middle East club have apparently offered the 37-year-old an eye-watering amount of cash to join them.
CNN Portugal say the club would not only pay United a transfer fee of around £25m to sign Ronaldo but they would offer him a salary in the region of £105m-per-season over two years.
It comes after it emerged that Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain, two other clubs linked to buying Ronaldo, have turned down the chance to sign him in the current transfer window.
The lucrative package also includes £20m for Ronaldo’s representative Jorge Mendes.
United paid Juventus an initial £12.85m to bring Ronaldo back to Old Trafford last summer, with the player signing a two-year contract with the option of a third.
Despite the 24 goals scored by Ronaldo in all competitions, United endured a difficult season and could only qualify for the Europa League by finishing sixth in the Premier League.
It has resulted in Ronaldo asking to be sold this summer if the right offer comes in although United manager Erik ten Hag has insisted he isn’t for sale.
Ronaldo is not currently with the rest of the United squad on their pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia on compassionate grounds.
Ten Hag refused to discuss Ronaldo’s future when asked in a press conference as United arrived in Melbourne for two fixtures.
‘We made a statement and nothing has changed,’ said Ten Hag ahead of Friday’s friendly match against A-League outfit Melbourne Victory at the MCG.
Speaking before United’s 4-0 win over Liverpool in Bangkok earlier this week, Ten Hag slammed the door shut on Ronaldo’s attempts to leave Old Trafford.
Ten Hag said in Bangkok: ‘We are planning for Cristiano Ronaldo for the season and that’s it. I’m looking forward to working with him. Cristiano is not for sale. He is in our plans and we want success together.’
The Dutch coach added: ‘He’s not with us and it’s due to personal issues.
‘I spoke with him before this issue came up. I had a conversation with him and I had a good talk. That is between Cristiano and me.
What I can confirm is we had a really good conversation together. I didn’t speak to him after (the news).’