Thursday, February 29, 2024
HomeNewsAbandoned President's Official Residence To Be Completed May - Wike Says

Abandoned President’s Official Residence To Be Completed May – Wike Says

 BOMA DIPRIYE

ABUJA Nigeria – The FCT minister, Nyesome Wike, has promised to provide the required funds for the completion of the abandoned official residence of the Vice President, so as to ensure the completion of the project by May, 2024.

Wike stated this on Tuesday during the inspection of the project in Abuja.

He requested the contractor, Messers Julius Berger Nigeria PLC, to do everything possible to ensure the completion of the project by May, 2024.

The project, which was awarded in 2010 at the cost of N7billion, had since been abandoned over what the previous administrations attributed to paucity of funds. 

But the minister said in line with the present administration’s renewed hope project, President Bola Tinubu had instructed him to complete all the abandoned projects to raise the people’s hope in the Nigeria project.

He said although the contractor had said the contract sum has to be increased from N7billion to N15 billion because of rising cost of materials in the market, the Administration is determined to finish the project in record time. 

‘’I have come to see the project and we have told them (the contractor) that we will fund them very well before the end of the month so that they will be able to finish it,’’ the minister said. 

The representative of the company handling the project, Mr. Oliver Berger, commended the minister’s belief in the project and assured of timely completion of the project.

Our correspondent reports that the minister also inspected some ongoing road projects within the southern path of the city centre and expressed satisfaction with the level of work done so far.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Latest Post